This is a question that many people are asking these days. The world of internet marketing has exploded over the last ten years, and lots of people want to try their hand at it. But many people who try to navigate the waters of affiliate marketing fail before they even get started. Today we are going to learn how to avoid the mistakes that many make. Below you will find the information you need to learn about affiliate marketing and how to succeed, for beginners!
8 Beginner Steps That All Affiliate Marketers Should Take
• Choose your niche: Choosing your niche is one of the most important steps that anyone serious about affiliate marketing should take. Try to find a niche that you already know something about. Even if you are familiar with your niche, you need to put in the work and do some research.
The more you know about your niche, the more you can convince someone to purchase products from you. If your potential clients feel that you have vast knowledge about your particular niche, then they are more likely to trust you and buy from you. Also, try to find a niche that has potential and one that is not already flooded.
A niche that has become saturated with marketers will be very hard to compete in and you will likely run into many problems trying to make a sale. Instead, try to find a niche that very few people are in. This will give you plenty of breathing room and you will be able to quickly find leads. But make sure that any niche you choose has value. Remember, just because your niche is not flooded does not mean that it has value.
• Choose your network affiliate: This is the next step that you will need to take for a brighter financial future. Once you have your niche determined, you will want to find a network affiliate that has the products that fit your niche. This part won’t be hard to do but you want to make sure to choose a network affiliate that will help you succeed.
The first thing you need to find out about the network you are reviewing is how long they have been in the game. There are hundreds of affiliate networks that form each and every year. But most of them fade away before the end of the year taking people’s money with them. So make sure the company you choose have been around for at least 5 years to protect your investment. Next, you will want to check out their customer service history. You can do so by visiting the BBB’s website and see what their rating is.
If there are a lot of customer complaints, you will want to choose another network affiliate to do business with. On the other hand, if they have an A rating, you will know that their customer service record is stellar.
• Pick out which product to promote: The next step on your road to affiliate marketing success is to pick which products you want to promote. The first thing you need to look for is if the product matches those buyers in your niche. Trying to market products even if they are good ones to people who have no interest in them is a losing battle. So make sure to choose products that are directly related to your niche to be more successful.
The next step of the process is you will need to see if the product has actual value. If what you are trying to sell is cheap, unusable or substandard, then you won’t be in the marketing business for very long. People are not going to purchase products that they don’t want or that they can’t use in the real world. Finally, ask yourself would you want to use the product yourself. If the answer is no, then you might want to choose a better product. If you are not willing to use a product, what makes you think someone will want too? After you have chosen the products you want to market, buy them yourself. This will allow you to get familiar with the products so that you can answer any questions that your customers may have.
• Begin your social campaign: Now that you have both your niche and your products, you will need to build a social media campaign to get the word out. Start by building accounts with every popular social media platform that you can find. This will allow you to cross promote your products and reach millions of people.
One of the best parts of social media promotion is that it can be done with very little money. With just a few dollars, you can begin promoting your products on some of the largest social media networks in the world. This will give you huge potential and if done right, you will have hundreds of lead pouring in. Once you have set up your campaign, remember to stay social and personally respond to as many tweets, likes, and comments possible. This will help your campaign become more personal helping you to make more sales.
• Content is king: The next step in your journey to affiliate marketing success is building content. Content can be made up of many different forms, but one of the most common is in the form of articles and blog posts. This written content is sales driven and used to entice people to make a purchase.
The type of content you will need to produce has to be fresh, easy to read and free of errors. If you have a passion for writing, you can produce this content all on your own. But if you can’t write high-quality content, don’t worry. For a very small fee, you can hire a writer to produce the content for you, and all you need to do is place it on your website or blog. Having someone else write your content for you will also free you up giving you more time to spend on marketing sales.
When choosing a writer to produce content for you, make sure that they have experience with sales writing. Sales writers or copywriters will have the ability to convince readers to act by using what is known as a call to action ending. This will let readers know where to buy the product or service you are promoting. In addition to the call to action sales writing, you will also need to produce informational articles and blog posts to draw in potential clients. People are always on the lookout for helpful informational articles, and having some posted on your site will draw them in. While they are there, your other content will draw them in and hopefully you will make a sale.
• Build your team: While you want to go after as many sales leads as possible, in the end, you can’t go at it alone. To really see your income levels rise, you will need to bring in some other marketers to be a part of your overall team. Avoid trying to recruit your friends and family members into your team unless they are serious about making money in the world of affiliate marketing. Instead, recruit those who are both eager to learn and eager to work hard.
These are the type of people you will want in your downline because their success will be your success. As you probably already know, you will get a percentage of the sales they make depending on the affiliate marketing company you are using. This could add up to a lot of cold hard cash if you get the right motivated people under you. But remember, as a team leader, it will be your job to set the sales example. You simply can’t rely on the rest of the team to work hard and you sit back doing nothing. Always make sure to be an active part of the team and do your part to make sales. If you build a team with a solid foundation, the money you can make is endless. Remember, the more hard working people you have under you the more you can make. So get out there and find the right people to work with you.
• Think outside the box: While the world of affiliate marketing is based on the internet, to make the most of your opportunity, you will need to do more. Instead of relying completely on the internet for your leads, go out and get them in person. Parties, conventions, barbecues and get together of any kind are great places to draw in more leads. Make sure to carry your business card to any event that you attend because you never know who you might run into.
The next thing that you will need to do is pick up the phone. After you have developed some leads online, why not follow them up with a quick phone call? This is a great way to introduce new products that you are offering to those customers that have bought from you before. If they loved the first product they purchased from you then the chances of them buying something else is very high. Another great way to draw in more sales is with a newsletter. Put together a newsletter that you can send to your current and past customers. Include helpful information as well as any new products that you will be offering soon. This will give them a chance to check out your new products.
This is another way to make a sale, and it lets your customers know that you are still around and open for business. If you need help with your newsletter, you can always hire a freelance writer to help you.
• Follow up and be honest: With every lead that you get, you will want to follow up with a sales pitch. But remember that people are smart and they will not fall for tricks or false information. Always be honest about the products you offer and never promise anything that you cannot deliver. Once you have someone interested in your product, make sure to respond to them in a timely manner. People are very busy these days and they don’t want to wait around for your response.
A good rule of thumb is to always respond within 12 hours of an inquiry. This will help you build a good relationship with your customers that will have them coming back over and over again. Customer service is very important in the world of affiliate marketing, so you always want to treat your customers with the utmost respect. If there is a problem with their order, make sure to deal with it quickly. This will help you to avoid any issue, and it will help you build a solid foundation with your customer base. Remember that most customers will be telling their friends about your products and you want them to say good things about you as well. Finally, after you have made a sale make sure to follow up with your customers and see how their experience went. This will show them that you care. Once you have built a large amount of positive customer feedback, it will look really good. When a potential customer sees your feedback, they will be more inclined to buy from you.
Get Out There and Get Started!
Now that you have learned what it takes to make it in the world of affiliate marketing, why not get started today? Remember, the only way you are going to make it is to do the work. A strong work ethic combined with the right products will put a lot of money in your bank account. Hard work really does pay off, and you will find this out if you are willing to put in the time. The reason so many people fail in this industry is the simple fact that they don’t want to put in the work. So now that you are filled with knowledge, why not put it to good use today? Your future in the affiliate marketing industry is a very bright one!