Namecheap.com is an accredited website domain registrar and web hosting platform. The company is currently based out of Los Angeles, California where it was originally founded by Mr. Richard Kirkendall in the year 2000. To date this company has over 800, 000 clients worldwide and manages over 3 billion registered website domains.
Website URL: www.namecheap.com
Overall Rating:4.5 out of 5
Pros vs. Cons
- It is relatively cheap to purchase website domains from this platform. You can find domains for as low as $3 for the entire year or up to as much as $3,000 for premium domain names.
- Easy To Use Dashboard and interface.
- Excellent customer support
- Web Hosting for domains is very reliable.
- The cPanel within the dashboard of Namecheap is extremely easy to use and make managing all of your websites and their hosting very easy.
- A short money back guarantee-if for whatever reason you are dissatisfied with the domain name you have chosen or the hosting service in general you are only given a 14 day period to get your money back. This time is much less than what other domain registrars offer but since Namecheap has been established for many years this is not something that you generally have to worry about.
- Limitations on the Value Plan of their Hosting Package-if you are trying to save some money on hosting services and decide to purchase their value plan there are a few limitations that come with it. However, since most of the limitations are centered on features that you will not use for your website anyway, this should not bother you.
- A few Upsells Now and Then-you may seem a few of these in regards to the hosting options and it is something you can easily disregard.
Who Is This For?
The Namecheap Domain Registrar is for anybody who is looking to find cheap and reliable domain registrar and hosting services available. Anybody can use it whether they have no or little experience in building websites or those who have years of experience. If you need to have a hosting platform for your website or if you need to find a cheap domain name for your website, Namecheap.com is the platform for you.
Customer Support Given?
Out of any other domain registrar and hosting service available, Namecheap has one of the best customer service support that is given. It is easy to tell right off the bat that the staff knows exactly what they are doing and know that they have years of experience within this field. It is very rare that you will come across a customer service agent that does not have an answer for your question. There are many ways that you can reach this support system such as via a live chat option, ticketing system, a community forum or even by telephone.
The price will range varying from the kinds of domains you wish to purchase to what kind of hosting package you want. Generally you can purchase a domain name for your website for as low as $3 for the entire year and that can go up to $3,000 or more for one of Namecheap.com’s premium domain names. The hosting packages vary and go as follows:
- Shared Hosting Package starting at $2.95
- Re-seller Hosting Package starting at $14.95
- VPS Hosting starting at $16.95
- Dedicated Server Hosting starting at $99.00 monthly
- Email Hosting starting at $9.88
What I Like About Namecheap.com
There are many reasons why I absolutely love this domain registrar and why I believe that if you need to purchase a new domain name for your website, this is definitely the place for you to go.
1. The Cloudfare-with an integrated cloudfare feature there is no surprise as to why I love this. Cloudfare helps to increase the performance of your website in general while reducing the amount of strain you put onto your hosting servers. What makes this even better is that you can easily set up the cloudfare in just a few clicks through your cPanel.
2. They Have Been Around For A Long Time-there are many reasons that you should be wary of companies that have only been around for a few months or less than a year, but the primary reason you should avoid companies like that is simply because they may or may not have a reputation yet. However, Namecheap.com has been around since 2000 and there are many great customer reviews online that you can find to let you know what you can expect from using their services.
3. High Quality Yet Cheap Services Available-if you are looking to begin your own online business or need a better hosting platform to run your existing business on Namecheap is certainly the best option for you. You will not only get the highest quality services available today, but you will be able to do so without breaking your bank account.
What I Didn’t Like About Namecheap.com
The only problem that I have with this service is the few up-sells that they place around the site and specifically around the hosting options you can choose from. Usually this sends a giant red flag as a scam to me, but seeing as this company has been around for years I am not too bothered by it.
My Final Opinion
Namecheap Domain Registrar is one of the few companies online today that have a rock solid reputations and plenty of positive reviews out there. In my opinion you simply cannot go wrong with either the domain registrar service or the hosting service. Not only is their customer support system much better than many other companies you can find online, but the staff that you encounter obviously know what they are doing. Namecheap.com is one of the most reliable domain registrars and hosting services available and you will find everything you need to help make your online business successful.
To find the perfect domain name for your website or to find the perfect hosting package for you, simply click here.